15.8.11

nosehair

I can never forget my Eikaiwa boss of 6 years ago.

All the students hated him.

He told me and them off alike for coming to class/work literally a minute or more early. "Be on time or don't come at all!" he used to scream.

He used to tell me off for using 'wrong' English when it was right. Apparently the phrase is "Learn English into my heart", not "Learn English (off) by heart."

He proudly informed me that "the only reason people like me are in Japan teaching English is because we have no hope or skills in our home country."

His favourite expression was: "You're English from England, right? You speak English everyday, right? You dream in English. Teaching English is easy for you. You don't need to think. You don't need to prepare. All you need to do is speak."

I quit the company after 8 long months, but I'll always remember him.

He doesnt teach English at his juku anymore.
He teaches maths.

0 件のコメント: