9.4.08

最悪の大学

There is power failure almost everyday at Uni now. You go in only to be thrown out off the building for hours on end, if not the entire day. Sure, other campuses have similar facilities, but those campuses cannot deal with the sudden surge of people from the 'broken' campus I am at. Also, the other libraries do not really deal with Graphic Design. Of course, despite the unreliability of the campus, we are still expected to produce fantastic designs on time and in the right format.

When things are due in, Uni cannot deal with the amount of people handing in, so it closes. You have to throw your work into a bucket with no receipt. I have no proof that I handed in on time. Anybody could put their hand in the bucket and take my work out. Its a disgrace.

The cardboard boxes that also contained our work awaiting grades were left for days on end in unlocked rooms. A couple of days ago, the feedback sheets were also left in this unlocked, unmanned room. Anybody can take anybodies work. Anybody can take anybodies feedback. Work can go missing, and it has. I thought mine had gone missing today, luckily it was found in another cardboard box that had been filled with scrap paper.

Today we were supposed to be having a crit on our work. Instead, the teachers disappeared for 45 minutes and when they returned they had no time to crit anybody. So they rushed everything, everyone left no wiser than when they arrived. When the teacher critted my work, he announced "Well done, it looks professional and looks like a poster. Its A2. Next..." What am I supposed to take away from that? I can see myself its an A2 poster... that is the brief. But I wanted a crit... No, I needed a crit after 8 weeks of doing nothing. The teacher completely ignored my other work which I felt was stronger and gave me no opportunity to explain my work like others had been able to. When I tried to speak with another teacher about it later they said 'Oh Karen, you give me so much extra work to do' and ran off. No wonder the work level has seriously gone down this semester.

This course had the best reviews of the entire University last year, apparently.
I dread to think what the other courses are like. This one has certainly gone down hill.

1 件のコメント:

karekora さんのコメント...

OK... So it seems lots of people have complained about this. THe University is giving us a week extra to submit all work (except dissertation stuff).

...they say this after I've busted a gut getting it all done... doh! Ah well, I can have a lazy week i guess.... :)