27.3.08

Buses always come in threes

So do replies from prospective work placement companies in Japan. You wait what seems like ages for one and then three turn up all at once. Its a bit of a head spin.

Problem is, do I go for the 'safe' option of a English company of whom I have met and know I can do the work for, or do I go for the 'Japanese' option of a Japanese-only speaking company of whom I haven't met and don't know a great deal about?

The English speaking company speaks Japanese too, but, in this kind of environment I sometimes feel uneasy and pile the pressure onto myself. I feel as though my level of Japanese has to be as good as the other English people in the room, even though their experience level is much higher. Because I cant match them, my confidence levels go down and so does the level of my design work. I also know that I work best if thrown in the deep end (i.e. a Japanese company) as long as I feel at ease. But... at least I know where I stand more with the English company...

Hmmm....

Anyway, looks more hopeful than ever that I'm going to be spending a hot and busy summer in Tokyo!

Yippy!!

I know nothing is confirmed or set in stone yet, but... I just feel like celebrating!
My hard work... has been rewarded with.... more hard work!

(Am I a workaholic?!)

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Congratulations :D
Is this for a placement through the summer? Like June till end of Sept?
I'm out there from August :D

匿名 さんのコメント...

M_x

Congratulations! ;)

Sad that it means that we can't go on holiday together though... Dang... :(

Its good you have options! But think, English company is good for confidence, but... why go to Japan to work and speak in English? Won't it be the same as when you were an English teacher?
And, yes. You are a workaholic!

karekora さんのコメント...

Ben
Sankyu-! :) Its not decided yet but... if the visa stuff all goes ahead smoothly then I'll be in Japan from mid-June til Mid-Sept. Maybe... depends on which company I choose... A~! I hate decisions!
Hopefully we can meet up in Tokyo then! Do you know where you will be based? :)

M_x
Thanks and sorry :( Theres always next year or Christmas :)
Its true I want to improve my Japanese but... I'm confused. Too confused. I hate decision time.