25.7.10

Japanese Prefectural, Ward & City logos

































Above is a selection of Japanese Prefectural, Ward and City logos. Most of the logos derive from kanji or a special geographical element of that particular place. Some are good, some aren't so good. Despite being told that the logo for the Shinjuku-ward of Tokyo derives from the 新 kanji of Shinjuku, I just cant see it (8th row, last logo across). 

From a personal point of view, I prefer the bolder, single colour logos. I've tried to pick a favourite, but my mind keeps changing as there are good points about loads of them, so I've given up for now. One things for sure though, Hyogo isn't doing it for me... (5th row, 1st logo across)

Take a look here and here for a more indepth look at these logos.

0 件のコメント: