20.7.06

Is it hot is it?

...Apparantley, theres a heatwave in London, and temperatures are soaring. Its been the hottest day on record today with temperatures reaching 102 degrees.

:-) YAY!

I love hot weather, dont you just feel so much happier in the sun?! Everybody is moaning saying 'England never gets it right...either too hot or too cold...' I knew I was a bit strange, this confirms it - cos I'm loving it!! :)

Shame most of the country has come to a standstill though...!

TUBE: Running. I wonder what the heat is in the tube though..its like the Ecuator down there. When will we put aircon on the tube??!! PLEASE!?!

TRAINS: Apparantley trains dont like the heat. At Liverpool Street Station, a guard told me "The trains have a speed limit today because of the temperature. They dont like the heat." TRUE! EXACT WORDS!! >_<>(And.. why do people insist on eating McDonalds or Burger King on the Stansted Express... KUSAI YO!)

ROADS: Are apparantley melting. The tarmac is melting... Makes you wonder - is it the because of the heat or the crappy tarmac? Paris has tarmac which isnt melting - they have hotter summers and colder winters than us... So.... Sorry... explain that one to me again.. The tarmac is melting because of the heat... Nah, I dont buy it.

COMPUTERS: Are seriously dying in my office. Guess it dont help that theres no aircon either... (Yup. No aircon! Kind to the environment is my office!! ...Not sure the smell is kind though...)

I will rejoice the day when England will be able to cope with a spot of hot weather!

5 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

i booked this week off from work several months ago. Guess i got lucky with the weather! :P. I've been on the beach, ahh lovely. Not too crowded either because the schools are not on their summer holiday yet :)

Nick

匿名 さんのコメント...

Tube: Most tubes stations pump out groundwater, they are working on a system to use that cool n cold ground water in radiators to extract the heat to the surface. Seeing as they already pump this water out, it is just a matter of installing the radiator inroute to the surface.

Trains: Trains are pretty much fine with the heat, running faster actaully keeps them cooler as it means greater airflow over them. The proble is the tracks. The tracks bunkle and bend in the heat. They are designed for medium to cold weather, so when heating up in this lovely sun they go all wonky. Best to have some slow trains than derailed trains. Modern tracks are designed to withstand the extreme cold and warm weather. They are slowly rolling out new tracks as it is very costly.

Roads: For the weather conditions that it is designed for it is the perfect tarmac, who would expect the UK to get this hot. It is moslty new roads that suffer as they have not settled fully yet. When designing and implimenting all these things they tend to only always do things as cheap as possible.

Computers: Check this out, this is how you keep a pc cool and quite.
click me

(^_^)

Forget 'ask jeeves'
Ask: The jiten uchuu man.

karekora さんのコメント...

Oh Nick.. You make me jealous! :)

Jiten uchuu man - :) I know.. I know... I just like to moan..

:-)

匿名 さんのコメント...

M_x

In Japan, (most other places too?) the stereotypical view of London is: dark and gloomy with lots of rain. But this isnt really so nowadays, sure we have rain and gloom and grey days a plenty, but so does Japan. London is getting hotter... when is it going to be the norm to have aircon in your home?!

A-a! How I long for a cup of cold mugi-cha or after coming home from work I can turn the aircon on and relax in a cool room instead of feeling sticky in a stufy room with the windows half open, half shut - (cos, all Londoner seem to like to go outside & play their music up loud in this weather)(maybe just my neighbourhood?), with a bottle of water in the freezer?

mmmm...hiyashi chuuka..

...the sound of 'semi' (cicada)

.....a, memories...

karekora さんのコメント...

M_x - haha! hiyashi chuuka ^^