20.5.05

広島旅行写真

I went to Hiroshima May 2005 with a friend. I stayed there for 1 week, something I wouldnt recommend. Theres not much to do in Hiroshima, it seems to be still in the past - still burdened with what happened during the war. Nagasaki, however has moved on and made a new life for itself. I think Hiroshima needs to do the same.




















The Atomic Bomb Dome. It definately dominates Hiroshima. I felt wrong to take a photo near by, as I dont think its really something that should be taken a photo of, so thats why I took the traditional view you see in the tourist brochures above. I found the Peace Park a bit eery.








































Hiroshima Jo isnt one of the best castles in Japan. But, its a nice getaway and makes a change from depressing war sites.




















Hiroshima Fuu Okonomiyaki is one of my favourite Okonomiyaki styles. Its made with noodles and in Hiroshima, there is a haven to all Okonomi lovers - OkonomiVillage. Its a building where once inside, take your pick from all the Okonomiyaki outlets.... The smell... :)






















Hiroshima is a very beautiful place. This is the view from our hotel, which was the ASTER PLAZA YOUTH HOSTEL but for 15pounds a night, you lived in luxury as though it was a hotel. Well recommended - very central too.

0 件のコメント: